Yesterday Ellie, Gavin, and I were at the grocery store and while Ellie and I were contemplating over an item Gavin was sitting in the cart making happy little baby noises. An older woman walks over and says "she heard that pretty little song way over there" talking about Gavin's noises. We laughed and agreed and then she said "such a pretty little girl to sing a pretty little song" and walked off. Ellie and I just looked at each other and at Gavin (who was wearing all blue with a bear playing baseball on the shirt) and the only thing we could do was laugh. I guess it is good to know that if Gavin was a girl he would be pretty.
Also, the thing I have been dreading since Gavin's birth seems to be happening..... TEETHING!!! I can plainly see the bottom lower right tooth just about to poke it's way through. Since this is my first time experiencing this I have no clue how long it will last or if the worst has even begun yet but so far it is not good. He is waking up 10 times a night and is very, very cranky. All I can do is hope, for both our sakes, that it passes quickly. Of course there's always the second and third to follow.