Gavin has had a big week besides learning his first words he also learned how to get onto the furniture all by himself. I am not sure how I feel about that though. I am glad that he is strong and able to do physical things earlier than the average baby at his age but I am not too thrilled about worrying that he will climb onto a chair and fall off and break something. Yesterday he went over to the chair and without much trouble just pulled himself onto it. It was the first time he was able to do that all on his own. He was so proud of himself he did a little dance on the chair, luckily he did not fall off. When he got down he just turned around and got back up. He did that about a dozen times till he had it mastered. The funniest thing is that there is an area on the arm were the fabric is wearing away (it is my Great Grandma Goldie's old chair- so it is OLD) and he started picking at it I told him no and then he repeated no. This morning he got up onto the chair and pointed to the area and said "no". It was so cute.
The other day I gave Gavin some Cheerios and he put them all onto the floor and did a dance on them. It was a really funny thing to do because growing up, my parents loved to tell the story of how I dumped cereal onto the carpet and danced on it. Neither of my sisters did this, just me, but then all these years later Gavin had the same idea. It was weird cleaning it up and thinking about my parents doing the same thing when I was Gavin's age.
This weekend we are going to Chattanooga and visiting with my Grandma. That should be a good time.
Sunday is my Dad's birthday so Happy Birthday Dad.