Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I haven't been able to post like I have wanted because my computer is not working at the moment. We have a notebook and Ellie has a laptop but I don't like using them as much as my desktop. Anyway, over the weekend we went to the Adventure Science Center to celebrate Ellie's birthday and we had a pretty good time although there were some of the rudest mother's in the world there that day (I will get to that in a moment). They have a little dino rumble exhibit with dinosaurs and Gavin was scared to death of them. I don't know if it was just because they looked scary or because of the noise they made but he was one petrified little boy. Luckily he enjoyed the rest of the time there, he loved all the stuff he got to see and touch even if he had no clue what was going on. There was a machine that took a picture of you and aged you through the years until 72 and Jacob and Ellie both did it. They did not turn out well! I took pictures of the results but it was hard to get a clear shot but if you look closely you get an idea. While doing this we encountered the first and rudest of the rude mothers. This woman came up to us while we were in line and asked if we were in line. I told her yes we were. Two seconds later she starts asking Jacob if we were in line, he also said yes. She seemed angry that she had to wait so she got a little pushy. Her two boys weren't even there yet. Ellie went first and once her two kids (the youngest was 12ish so not so little) got in line with her I could just see her trying to push them in front of Jacob. Ellie had to block them (with her body) from jumping in front of Jacob to get into the booth. It was just disgusting and it took the fun out of the situation. We encountered another mother just a few minutes later who pushed her daughter right in front of me while I was looking at an exhibit. Everything there is interactive and I had just let go of a handle when the mother put her daughter up to it and shoved me aside. There was absolutely no reason she couldn't wait a minute until I moved out of the way. It's just really too bad that these mother's are teaching their kids to act like rude jerks in a place of fun and learning.


When we got home we had cake and ice cream for Ellie's birthday. I was the one who bought the cake and I just grabbed a pack of candles that were on display but it turned out they were the relight kind and we didn't realize this till Ellie was trying to blow them out. Relight candle's spark a little when you light them (I know this because my dad played that trick on me many times before) and when I saw that I looked at the container and went 'oops' These were some of the most stubborn candles I have ever seen, they would not go out! Ellie's friend Stephanie was there and she started to blow on them also and even if they all went out, a second later three would light up again. I did the stupidest thing in the world and decided to pick one up that was out thinking that if it wasn't near the others it would not relight. It did. It burned my hand and I was so startled that I dropped it (I said it was stupid) Luckily for me it did go out before it hit the carpet and eventually -with the help of water- we got all the candles out.









































He gave up on the fork and just went for it