Monday, July 21, 2008

The Past Week

What to say about these last few days? They have been long and not so great. I got a nursing infection and last Thursday I could barely get out of bed, I was pretty sick. I went to the Dr. and got antibiotics and although I am better it just won't go away and it's really wearing me down. Gavin picked this time to really turn into a terror. In the past week he has rubbed vaseline all over his window, smashed my breadbox, took dirty dishes from the sink and put them on the kitchen table, and used a crayon all over the kitchen table. Those are just a few examples of the stuff he gets into every chance he gets. I have no clue what got into him but he is just really pushing the boundaries lately. I can't leave him alone but when I am nursing Liam there isn't much I can do about it.
It hasn't been all bad though, there have been a few bright moments. For one thing I think Gavin is finally sleeping in his bed again. He actually stays in it when he is supposed to go to bed but if he wakes up in the night he does still go and sleep by the door. It's still a step in the right direction though. Also we are working on manners and that is pretty funny. He picked up on thank you before I even tried to teach it to him he would say "tank yu" when I would hand him something or pick up what he dropped at the dinner table. Please "peeze" is coming along good although he thinks that when he says please then he automatically gets what he is asking for, that's hard to explain to him. He needs to say please when asking for something but that doesn't mean he will get it. The funniest is when I remind him to say please or thank you, I say to him "what do you say?" and sometimes he says the right word but other times he repeats me. Then I say "you say please" so he will say "you say please". I'm not sure if I explained that clearly but trust me, it's funny.
Liam is still doing good also. He is two months old now (his check up and 1st shots are tomorrow) and changing all of the time. For awhile there he had to be held all of the time and that drove me crazy but he seems to be getting over that. He had a record sleep of 9 hours the other night and that was awesome. I know I go on and on about how long he sleeps but Gavin was just so bad that it is a complete miracle that Liam is a sleeper. Gavin still has problems and frequently wakes in the night- at least once a week he gets up more than Liam. I don't know why he is such a bad sleeper but before Liam was born I just imagined two like that and I believed I would never sleep again so it was quite the relief when Liam came home and was the opposite.