Thursday, July 31, 2008

movies in the south

Last weekend we went to see Batman (great movie) and my sisters watched the kids. In the theater we had not one, but two couples sit in front of us with little kids. Now those of you in the north may not have come upon this phenomenon but down here it is common practice to bring little kids/babies into adult movies. It is extremely annoying and I can't get over the complete selfishness of the parents. They have to see the movie so badly that they can't wait to get a babysitter or wait to watch it on dvd. Some of the movies I've seen kids in have been SO inappropriate for children and they usually end up crying because they get scared and the babies cry because they are babies. Last Saturday we had one couple with a baby Liam's age and the other couple had a one year old. It just makes no sense why people think it is acceptable. Before movies start they play PSA's about keeping cell phones off and soon they will have to have one about keeping your babies quiet (at least in the south).

This weekend I am going to go through Liam's clothes and put up all of the ones that are too little. It's the first batch of clothes he has grown out of and it's kind of sad. Time is flying already and he is growing so fast. He is smiling a lot now and making the cutest little noises. His hair is also starting to grow in in the bald area's. Neither of my boys were bald when they were born (thank goodness) but they both had weird bald areas. Liam's hair- or lack thereof- is so funny, so I'm glad it's starting to grow in.

Gavin's new obsession is dinosaurs, I don't know how it got started but he loves them. One day he went up to one of Liam's outfits and it had a dinosaur on it and he pointed and yelled "Sosaur". It's now graduated to so-a-saur but why he says so instead of din I can't figure out. He had already had a few dinosaur toys and they are his favorite toys right now. I'm just glad because this new obsession has knocked out the Finding Nemo one he was in before. I was pretty sick of hearing about "Melmo"

Jacob's parents are coming for a visit in a few days and we are all looking forward to it. The boys and I are going to hitch a ride with them back to Illinois (if there is enough room in their car- kids take up a lot of space) and spend a couple of weeks there. It will be the first time our friends and family get to meet Liam. I'm really looking forward to that also.

Liam does not like being on his tummy at all


Gavin gave Liam a kiss and made Liam smile a big grin at his big brother. So cute!! Too bad Gavin moved out of the frame when the picture took






Gavin just thought it was the funniest thing to put his foot in the picture