Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Easter


Gavin's hair turned out to be o.k. Not great but not the end of the world. It is of course not too even but I am afraid to try to straighten it for fear of making things worse. The funny thing is now that it is short Jacob and I both realize that we liked it longer. I guess it will give me that much longer to not worry about cutting it again.

Today he was standing near our coffee table and tripped and fell, knocking his chin on the table. I went over to comfort him and when he pulled his head away from my shoulder I noticed blood pouring out of his mouth. I did not freak out as some seem to think would be my natural reaction. I did yell out because I was startled but I remained fairly calm . It turned out that he just bit his tongue when he hit his chin and although there was plenty of blood, there was only a tiny chunk missing. The rest of the night whenever he would chew on anything it would re-open his wound and he would look up at me with a bloody smile which was slightly disconcerting. When he took his bath he chewed on the rubber duckies head and blood was all over and I thought he was Ozzie :)

I can not believe that this weekend is Easter already. I remember last year's so clearly. I was ginormously pregnant and uncomfortable. I had the air cranked up while Jacob and my sisters were in sweaters and sweat shirts. I wasn't supposed to do that much because of my blood pressure and the fact that my feet would swell up to Hobbit feet but it was my first Easter away from home so I wanted to cook our normal Easter meal. I made the meal and of course at the end of the night I could barely walk. Ahh the good ol' days :( Thank God that this year my body is mine again and we get to celebrate it with Gavin which is the wonderful!
Have a good Easter!!
P.S. 2 weeks till we head to Illinois!!!!!!!!!