A few months ago I wrote about getting ready to go out and Gavin's shoes wouldn't fit anymore. It happened again already, today his shoes would not go onto his feet. He is up to a size 5 now. Luckily when we got his summer sandals we got 5's because the 4's just looked like they wouldn't last. Sure enough today it was colder out so I got out his tennis shoes that I just bought in Feb. (the 4's) and they were too small. Thank goodness he isn't growing out of his clothes as fast as he is growing out of his shoes.
When we were at the zoo last week I went into the gift shop looking for a hat for Gavin. It was a very sunny day and I thought a hat would be the perfect souvenir for the day. I found a cute hat and tried it on Gavin, it didn't fit, so I tried another and it didn't fit either. An overly help full sales person came over to help and literally tried every hat on Gavin. They were either just a little too small or giant. After the first couple I was ready to give up but this lady was so persistent I couldn't get away. I was trying to decided what I would do if one of the ugly ones fit, should I buy it especially after all the trouble the lady went through, even if it was hideous? Not a single one fit. I was disappointed because I want Gavin to have a summer hat to protect him from the sun and I didn't know if it was just the zoo's hats or if Gavin's head was just in the in between zone for babies hats. Luckily this past weekend I found one that fits perfectly (if his hair really looks bad he may have to wear it all of the time :). I also found a shirt that said 'Hello my name is trouble' Normally I don't like shirts that say silly little phrases but this just fit so perfectly that I got it for him.
The last picture is the perfect example of how long and unruly his hair has become.


read-
ing with
daddy

His hair may be crazy, but isn't he the cutest?