Sunday, May 06, 2007

Gavin is growing so fast! Since he turned one we have turned his car seat to face forward, he is off formula and starting to get off bottles. He is also getting in his 7th tooth. He is just truly a toddler now and no longer my little baby :(.

When we were home two things seemed to be petty clear: physically he is most like Jacob and personality wise he is most like me. That worries me a little because in my family Rachel and I are most like my mom and Ellie is most like my dad. Growing up Rach and I fought with my mom all the time and got along with dad where as Ellie fought with dad and got along with mom. I don't want that to be the case with Gavin and I. I am hoping that since he is a boy that maybe that will be different.

We also realized that Gavin may have Rachel's crooked toes but he has Jacob's big fat baby feet. I have always had trouble finding shoes that fit Gavin because his feet are so large they won't fit into a tennis shoe. It didn't matter much before he started walking - shoes were just to keep his feet warm in the winter - but now he is actually using his shoes and it is hard to find a pair that fit. Luckily in the summer he can wear sandals and hopefully by the time the cold weather is back his feet will be a little more normal. Jacob's mom said that Jacob's feet were exactly like that and eventually he grew out of it but I forgot to ask how long it took.

Here are a few pictures from this week.


I'll take my nap as soon as I finish this call








look at my muscles










Learning to give foot massages