I haven't posted in awhile because I keep hoping that we will start to post on the family site but Jacob is so busy we still haven't gotten going yet. We will probably get to it today or tomorrow but I thought I would just put a quick update on here, regardless.
Gavin is doing really well. Yesterday at bedtime we were going toward the stairs to head up to bed and Gavin surprised me by just walking all the way up the stairs by himself. He put a hand on the wall but otherwise he made it all the way upright and on his own. I couldn't believe my eyes. He just turned 15 months old and he can control his self and have balance. He has accomplished all his physical milestones early because he just has this really strong desire to do so.
My parents and Rachel are coming up in a couple days (Thursday) and staying for a week. We are all looking forward to them being here, especially since my dad will be cooking :). I am a little worried that Gavin will get uber excited and lose his mind like he did when the Abels were here. 8 days would be a long time to deal with that, but I am hoping that he has grown out of that stage. It's been almost a month and that can be an eternity in baby time. It won't be the end of the world if he gets a little crazy but it would be much pleasanter if he is normal (at least for me).
And finally, the last Harry Potter book... it was really good!!! I spent most of last weekend either reading the book or talking to my mom or Rachel on the phone about the book. A couple of characters died that made me very sad and I cried many times throughout the book. The end was very good though and I enjoyed it very much.