Sunday, October 12, 2008

Milestones

This week has been some big firsts for the boys. Gavin finally began potty training! I had put it off because of the pregnancy and then having a new born, there just wasn't a good time to start. Also I had always had the age 2 1/2 in my mind and that is what he will turn at the end of the month. I was actively involved in 3 little kids getting potty trained, 2 boys and 1 girl, and the boys took forever! I didn't want to try to start Gavin before he was ready because I didn't want it to drag out forever. Hopefully because I waited that won't happen (cross your fingers). So far he has been doing awesome and today we were accident free. I know we still have a battle ahead, but he is the most stubborn child ever and I thought it would be a lot harder to get him started.

Also this week, Liam started eating solids. Gavin had to start right when he turned 4 months because he was huge (19lbs) and the Dr. said he needed it. Liam is more normal sized so there wasn't a rush. With Gavin too there was excitement because it was his and my first but I teared up with Liam because I now know how quickly they grow. Liam is already 21 weeks old! How did that happen? Anyway he loved it but he does have problems waiting for the next bite, he wants it all right away. That is why he sometimes has trouble nursing, he wants it now and he doesn't want to work for it.





The Hillyer crack!!




Ever since last week when I got the boys to sit next to each other on the couch to take pictures, Gavin has been sitting next to Liam all on his own and then he covers them both with a blanket. It's just so sweet.