Gavin is also growing fast as usual both physically and mentally. His feet have grown again and now he can't even fit into the size 9 shoes he just got a couple of months ago. He can't even wear toddler socks, he has to get them in the "big" boy section. He has giant feet! He is constantly surprising me at how smart he is. A couple of weeks ago he came over to me when I was reading a book and spelled out all of the letters on the cover. I couldn't believe how well he did. He now knows all his letters (mostly capital, lower case letters are still a little confusing to him) and numbers -today he counted to 13!-though one minute he will say them all right and then the next he will mix the order around. I guess I am so proud of him because I am not the type to sit him down and try to teach him these things, though if he shows interest and wants me to help I gladly will. So when he knows all these things at just 2 1/2 it is because he wants to, not because I make him (if that makes sense).
Then there is Liam.. he would be my perfect baby if he would just go back to sleeping through the night. He is a horrible napper, that hasn't changed, but how to get him to make the break through so that area is going to take awhile. He used to be a good night time sleeper so it was o.k. Now he isn't sleeping either time and when he gets too tired he screams and who wants that? I know eventually he will sleep better but I need my sleep also and while I don't scream when I'm tired I'm not that great either. Although, when he has had sleep he is the cutest thing you will ever see. All smiles and laughs and I want him to be like that more. Like I said in the beginning, the last couple of days have been better and there's been more laughing than screaming, I'm really hoping it stays that way.
Physically Liam is just the tiniest thing. Compared to other babies his age he is probably normal but compared to his older brother he is a shrimp. At this age (5 months) Gavin was so big that he had already grown out of his baby car seat because he weighed so much and he was wearing 9 month clothes and it wasn't long before he was in 12. Little Liam is moving into 9 month but they are still quite big on him. Like I have mentioned before he is also WAY less active than Gavin was. By this time Gavin had already mastered sitting up on his own (although Liam is close) and by 6 months he was crawling and standing. I am positive that Liam will not crawl that fast, if he ever crawls, he shows no interest right now. The good thing is that Liam is exactly what I wanted for my second child when I was watching Gavin do all those things. Gavin grew so quickly that I barely got a chance to enjoy him at one stage when he was on to the next. Since he was so active he started getting into things pretty early and always kept me on my toes. Liam being more laid back is a blessing! He is also the perfect size, Gavin was WAY to huge. Chubby babies are cute but there is still such a thing as too fat and Gavin definitely reached that at one point.
He can sit up on his own if he has some sort of support- like the couch
Isn't this bib cute? It's from his Abels' grandparents