I like warmness but I don't like massive heat and humidity and I don't like bugs at all!! Those are the two things we have been dealing with this past weekend. First of all the heat, did it become July and I just didn't notice? This Sat. it was 88 and humid, we had to turn the air on... in MARCH!! At night we don't have it on because it gets cooler and I literally obsess over Gavin, wondering if I put a tee shirt and pants on him will he be too hot through the night or if it cools off will he wake up too cold? I don't know how to keep him comfortable in this in between weather and it seriously keeps me up. We are going to the zoo tomorrow and when we first planned this last week the forecast was calling for 73 and now it is supposed to be 80 again, just a little too warm for spending the day out side.
The bugs have also been and issue. Friday morning I heard a weird noise in the bathroom and when I looked around to see what it could be I looked at the vent above my head and saw big black legs sticking through the slats in it. I FREAKED out and ran out of the bathroom screaming "BUGS" and woke Jacob up (he'd only been sleeping a few hours at that point) I literally almost puked I got so grossed out and upset. I didn't know what kind of bugs it could be and my imagination was on overdrive. Luckily we get a pest control discount because Ellie works for a company so we get our place sprayed once a month and they come back any time you have a problem during the month, so I called Ellie and she called James (our regular guy) right away and he happened to only be ten minutes away so he came right over. In the end it turned out to be wasps, which is what I did guess it might be after I calmed down from the initial freak out. I don't like wasps but they probably just got in through the vent system and weren't some creepy crawlies that are all over in our house. The wasps are beginning to be a real problem though. They are giant here and they are everywhere!!! I think it might be a bad year for them-yippee-. Ellie said they are getting a lot of calls for them at her work because they are acting aggressive -another yippee- and attacking people. I worry for Gavin because they are half as big as him and might try to carry him away. You may laugh but it could happen, or they might sting him which of course is more realistic. This morning I was changing his diaper and there was one right in his room on the inside of his window. How it got inside I can not figure out because I have not opened his window since last week when I opened it and a wasp flew in after it was only open for 30 seconds! We have also seen a lot of spiders in the last week and I am irrationally afraid of them. When I was little I watched the movie Arachnophobia at my cousin Jackie's house and have been scared to death of them ever since. The bugs here are bigger than the ones I grew up with in Illinois and that does not help matters. I don't want every one to get the wrong idea that I go through the day worrying were a bug may pop out but I do admit that I am a girly girl and will run away screaming on occasion. The one good thing is that I have found that when it comes to protecting Gavin I will face my fear and kill them myself- spiders, wasps and any other thing I would normally make Jacob do.
Today we went to spend an afternoon with my Aunt Judy and we had a tire blow right down the rode from her house. I guess at some time we must have run over a nail and eventually it leaked to much and blew. It was really lucky that it happened so close to her house and not on the interstate but still it really sucked. We had just taken Jacob's car to the shop Friday and had the brakes fixed and a new tire wasn't really on the agenda. Jacob's afternoon was pretty much shot after that because he and my Uncle Dwayne had to go get a new tire and fix it but Gavin and I still had a nice time. From the moment we walked in to Judy's house Gavin just walked around exploring, he loved it. It was the first time we have spent any time in some one else's house since Gavin learned to walk though and I hadn't really realized how great the difference is between a baby proofed house and a normal house. I was worried that he would hurt himself or break something of theirs. It makes me a little worried for April when we go to Illinois for 5 days. I just can't imagine trying to keep to keep him out of trouble for that long. It will not be fun.
To end I would just like to say happy birthday to Jacob's mom, Karen. It is her b day today. Happy Birthday!