Friday, March 16, 2007

Is there anything more fun than digging around your kids mouth to see what weird thing he has put into his mouth this time? I have taken wood, rock, plastic and some stuff I didn't even know what it was, out of Gavin's mouth lately. I don't even know were he is finding half of it. Part of the problem is that with the moving things are still messy around here but some of it is just weird. Like the wood, he got that from an old book shelf. How he found a little part that was falling apart I do not know.



Even though we are not fully unpacked we are actually pretty close which is amazing considering Jacob and Ellie are not here that much and I have to put everything away with a baby at my feet. Things here are still going good and Gavin seems to love it more every day. We have a couple of young boys next door, maybe 4 ish, and Gavin adores them. He spends his time looking out the window at them running around. They are nice to him and wave "to the baby" He even had a young girl hold him, she was not even twice his size so it was funny to see, but he seemed happy with the attention. A few little kids even came to the door and asked if my baby could come out to play but that night it was too late. How funny is it though that he is not even 1 yet and he is getting asked outside?



Here are a few pictures and I would like to explain his hair. I don't know the reason it is always sticking up, I just know that it always is. His hair has been my obsession from before his birth. It was one of the things I was really hoping that he got from my side of the family. Jacob hates his hair and always complains about it and when he was a baby he was bald. He didn't even get his first haircut till he was almost one (Gavin has had about 5 so far). Anyway I was happy to see the black hair sticking up all over the place when Gavin was born. As he has gotten older his hair has turned almost blond, although it continues to stick up. The blond isn't too unusual, my dad, my sister and quite a few others in my family are blond, but I was still surprised when it started to get lighter. His hair grows SO fast though. I hate cutting it and I don't do the best job, but if I don't it gets extremely shaggy (as it is now). The point of this whole paragraph is that his hair is untameable and crazy, no matter what the color. Ellie tried to wet it down to look normal the other day before we went out and that lasted maybe 5 minutes before going right back up.
The first two pictures show Gavin's hair at its worst but if you notice in the others his hair is also a little funky, except for the hat picture which is just showing how much he has grown because it doesn't even fit a little bit anymore.