Wednesday, March 28, 2007

ZOO

We went to the zoo yesterday and we had a great time. I was wondering how Gavin would react, I knew he would love being out but I wasn't sure if he would notice or care about the animals and to my surprise he really was interested. When he saw an animal he would hold his little hand out toward it and make little happy noises. His favorite animal seemed to be a large turtle that had a face that looked like a mole. It swam right up to the glass when Gavin was by it and he got so excited. When we first got there it was cloudy and not too hot but within fifteen minutes the sun was shining brightly and it got pretty warm. Gavin handled it well but it did wear him out. Toward the end he had lost interest and just played with his froggy that his daddy had bought him and that of course was when I took pictures, not when he was smiling and happy. I didn't realize that till we got home, oh well. It was our first outing as a family of three though and it was a really nice day. We definitely will go again sometime.