Thursday, August 16, 2007

I don't know if anyone has noticed but there are three things that I have talked a lot about lately, Gavin's hair, Gavin's eating and the heat. I bring it up because I am going to talk about all of them again. Let's start with the heat! I am SO sick of it. Today it is 106 and I think our air conditioning is starting to poop out. It is in the 80's in our house right now and I am sweating like crazy just sitting here typing. It is in the 100's + everyday and when it is not, it is 98 or 99. It's the hottest summer I have ever been through. I talked to my parents today and they said it was 77 in Ill. That is almost a 30 degree difference!!


On to Gavin's hair... I am finally getting it professionally cut. I just can't let the poor boy walk around with uneven hair anymore. I am nervous about how well he will sit still while it is being cut but I think (hope) he will do o.k. Also because of the heat it will be good for him to get a real short cut. Right now his hair gets really sweaty and gross because it is so long, I should have had it cut sooner. It grows so fast that it will be longer when cool weather finally hits.


Last but not least his eating troubles. For the most part he is eating better but he has started this one thing that just drives me crazy! He will eat a few bites of something and just when I think everything is going fine, he will spit out the chewed food. I liked it way better when he just refused to eat rather than spitting out chewed up nasty food!! Today has actually been one of his best days. If he eats more than 50% I call it a good meal and today at breakfast he ate \90% and lunch he ate 80% with only one chewed up spit out. So even though there are more good than bad times, the bad are really bad. At least for someone who's not gifted with much patience (me).


Other little Gavin things- he knows that whenever we go anywhere, whether it is outside or just up or down the stairs, he has to hold someones hand. So whenever he wants to go somewhere he comes over and reaches his hand out, it's really cute. The thing I am most impressed with is that he will not go anywhere -even if he got the chance- without a hand to hold (at least until he hits a rebellious stage) and that makes me feel better about his safety.
When my parents were here my mom brought some clothes for Gavin (and toys and books) and she decided to get 24 months since he is growing so fast. Some of the outfits are for cooler weather (if we ever get it) but some are for now. They looked so big that I thought they couldn't possibly fit yet but I tried them on him and they fit fine. There is room to grow but I was really surprised. He is just growing so fast!


He was eating bread and butter and wiped butter all over his face


























Jacob bought Gavin this cute spider man chair