Friday, August 10, 2007

They're gone :(

My family has left and we miss them already. It was a really nice visit and we all had a good time. Gavin maintained a pretty normal attitude with only a few bouts of craziness which was really good. The one thing I really regret is that I didn't really take pictures and I don't even know why. I did get a couple so I guess that will just have to do.

While my parents were here the temperature was very very HOT so we didn't get to do much outside. Actually, the day they left the temp got up to 104 with a low of just 82!! (it's still hot with no end in sight)
Also while they were here my dad got a dog. Someone at Ellie's work wanted to find a better home for their cocker spaniel because they felt they were not at home enough to give it the proper attention. My parents were going to get a cocker spaniel eventually so they decided they would take it. (this was before they got here, they didn't just decide to take a dog home while they were here) Luckily they didn't pick him up till the night before they left because for whatever reason Gavin cried like crazy every time he barked. He didn't bark a lot, he seemed like a good dog, but when he did Gavin just lost it which made no sense because dogs barking has never made him cry before. When they left he was very happy to see the dog go.


playing with Oliver

My mom has bought all these firetrucks for Gavin. The littlest at Christmas, the middle one for his b day, and the big one she gave him this trip. The reason I bring it up is that each time she forgot that she had gotten him a firetruck before.