Sunday, August 31, 2008

the Boys

Lately Gavin is starting to be a lot more aware of Liam, in both good and bad ways. When Liam cries he goes over to him and kisses him which is just so sweet. He also gives him kisses throughout the day but most of those times I feel are more to hear me go "Awww". Also I recently tried to get Liam back on pacifiers- he rejected them quite awhile ago but obviously likes to suck on things so I tried again with more success this time- and sometimes when Liam spits it out, Gavin goes over and tries to put it back. The other times though he puts it in his own mouth and runs away. It's funny to see and I want to take a picture of it but at the same time I don't want to encourage him. Because he can't have it he decided Liam couldn't have it either so yesterday he took it and threw it into the garbage. He has also tried to throw other items of Liam's away. The jealousy has begun showing a lot more often lately. He doesn't seem directly angry at Liam but he is jealous that Liam has all of these things that aren't his. So far I don't worry too much about his acting out, it's pretty natural but I do wish he wouldn't throw things in the trash because I don't always catch it before it is too late.

Liam still has not rolled over and I really don't think he wants to that much. What he really wants to do is sit up. He wants to be able to look around and see what is going on. He can lift his head and shoulders up which amazes me because even Gavin never did that. He is also a big smiler, he just gives the biggest grins. He's been laughing for awhile now whenever you tickle his neck but in the past few days he has begun to laugh all on his own. He was in his crib and I went over to him and he just started laughing in his cute little way. He's just so sweet.
Tonight I put a pair of socks on him that I had found in a container of Gavin's old clothes. They are the first item that he has worn of Gavin's (since all the early baby stuff got ruined) and I actually teared up because I remember Gavin wearing them and it just doesn't seem like that long ago. I'm just constantly amazed at just how quickly time flies and how my kids just change right before my eyes.