We've been home for almost a week now. It took some adjusting to get back to our routine. Gavin missed the extra attention and I missed having help all of the time. I got a little spoiled. If Liam got fussy during dinner my mom would hold him so I got to finish my dinner every night and both of my parents would take turns giving Gavin a bath at night so I could just focus on Liam which was really nice. Our first nights home were hard.
Unfortunately our last week of our visit was marred by illness. I was miserable and over the weekend my mom started feeling unwell and by Monday both boys had gotten sick also. Luckily Liam only got a mild case. With all of us being sick it limited our visiting others because I didn't want to take the boys out when they didn't feel well and I didn't want to get anyone sick either. So I didn't get to do all that I had planned but we still had a good time just hanging out at my parents house. By Thursday we were all mostly better and we got to spend more time with Missy and Cameron. This time we took a walk to the nearby park and both of the older boys loved it. I also really enjoyed it because it was just nice to spend time with another stay at home mom. The boys got to also go to their Abels' grandparents Thursday night and spend one last time visiting. The car trip home on Saturday didn't go as well as the trip up. Both boys still weren't 100% feeling better and being stuck in a car seat all day didn't go over well.
Another unfortunate thing is that we managed to bring home the cold to Jacob and I don't think he was too thrilled with that.
Liam is getting close to rolling over. At first I thought he showed no interest but all of the sudden he rolled over onto his side (he has a few times now) and he just needs a little more momentum to roll fully over. It's funny because they say that rolling from back to stomach is the rarest of the first roll but both of my boys chose that way. When Gavin was a baby you could jut tell that he just wanted to move. He did each physical milestone early or right on time. Liam doesn't seem to have that need so I don't expect him to do things at the same age as Gavin but if he does roll over in the next day or two then he will be not far behind on the first one.
Packing to come home I only forgot one thing. That one thing? The connector cord for my camera to the computer so until my Mom gets the opportunity to mail it to me then my blog will be pictureless :(