Sunday, August 10, 2008

Illinois

We have been here in Illinois for a couple of days now. The car trip here went much better than I had hoped and both boys were very good. Liam did have a bad couple of hours when we got to my parents, I think he had gas from the trip. The first day was pretty hard because when I nursed Liam, Gavin would get into all sorts of trouble and there wasn't much I could do. I also had nowhere to set Liam and keeping him happy was a challenge. I knew travelling with two kids would be harder but instead of twice as hard it is ten times as hard (at least when you are on your own). Luckily for me when I mentioned that to Missy, she said she had a bouncy chair and brought it right over. It was a life saver and Liam just loves it, he happily sits in it and things have been much better since then. Gavin is having a wonderful time but he is also not behaving the best. He seems to think that he doesn't have to listen to me while we are here. Because of all this we haven't really gone out much yet. We made a run to the store Saturday morning and went to church today but that has been it. Tomorrow though we are going to spend time with Missy and Cameron so that should be fun.

The boys and I are sharing a room which is going well. The first night Gavin woke up twice and was confused about were he was but after a hug from me went right back to bed and other than that slept fine till last night. Last night, for whatever reason, he was up most of the night. It was extremely unfortunate because last night was the first night Liam ever slept straight through the night, from 7 pm to 7 am. I was thrilled and I hope it is the start of something. We had Liam's dedication today and because of his good night sleep, Liam was in a great mood. Of course because he didn't sleep well, Gavin was not. He did get to play with Cameron and since spending time with kids his own age doesn't happen to often, he was happy about that. They spent time after church just running around like crazy and it was pretty cute.

I must say that so far my goal to take more pictures hasn't happened, though we haven't done much yet. Looking over these pictures I realized that Gavin is not smiling in any of them. I guess I only took pictures of him when he was tired but he really is having a good time.

Here Gavin is "playing" video games with Grandma




Gavin and Cameron. Gavin was having fun until I asked him to smile. God forbid he should want to do what I ask.




Liam and Great Grandma Z